Improving the Health of Older People
An exciting line-up of Australian and international geriatric experts will be speaking on a range of topics including:
- sleep and dementia
- stepped care for anxiety and depression in later life
- use of social connections to promote health in older adults.
Keynote speakers on the day are:
- Associate Professor Sherry A Beaudreau (Stanford University, USA)
- Dr Tegan Cruwys (Australian National University)
- Professor Jürgen Götz (University of Queensland)
- Professor Inger Hilde Nordhus (University of Bergen, Norway)
- Associate Professor Viviana Wuthrich (Macquarie University).
The conference is free to attend, and will include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Date: Friday 3 August 2018
Time: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Venue: Translational Research Institute (TRI) Auditorium, 37 Kent Street, Woolloongabba
Ageing Theme inaugural meeting
The leaders of the Ageing Theme recently held their first meeting to discuss strategy and vision into the future.
Registrations are now open for The Global Acute Care Excellence Forum 2017 from 20-21 February 2017 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. Led by members of the Ageing Theme leadership team, the global forum will bring together international experts who are at the forefront of hospital system redesign, to best respond to these challenges. The overall theme of ACE 2017 is ensuring safe passage for frail and vulnerable patients across the hospital continuum.
To learn more and register here.