Health Consumers Queensland Consumer Engagement Training for Researchers 14 & 18 October 2021
Brisbane Diamantina Health Partners (BDHP) and Health Consumers Queensland (HCQ) invite you to attend:
Consumer Engagement Training for Researchers: Involving Consumers in your Research 14 & 18 October 2021
Session 1: Foundation Webinar
An Introduction to Involving Consumers in Research
This stand-alone webinar will lay the foundation for involving consumers in your research, providing you with the concepts and tools you need to identify when and how to involve consumers and community in your project.
- 90 min online session
- Thursday 14 October, 12.00 pm – 1.30 pm
The Session 1: Foundation Webinar covers:
- An overview of BDHP’s current consumer engagement program
- Fundamental concepts of consumer partnerships
- Consumer and community engagement framework: To assist in determining the level of engagement you are seeking and the best mechanisms for that engagement
- Planning your engagement
This webinar is open to anyone interested in engaging consumers in research.
Session 2: Hands on Workshop
Involving Consumers in your Research: Master Class
This workshop is for those interested in gaining hands on skills in engaging consumers in their research projects. It builds on the learning from Session 1: Foundation Webinar (a prerequisite for this session), and will allow you to apply the skills you have learned to your own research ideas.
- 2 hour face to face session
- Monday 18 October:
- TRI 10am – 12noon, OR
- UQCCR, Herston 2pm – 4pm
- Session 1 is a pre-requisite for Session 2
- Session 2 is a hands-on workshop and places are limited
- Session 2 is offered at either TRI or UQCCR
Session 2: Hands on Workshop covers:
- Stories from the field
- Build your skills and apply it to your own research projects
- Extending Research Impact
- Troubleshooting and Q&As, specific to your research
- This hands on workshop has limited capacity so is open to staff from BDHP partner organisations only.
- You must complete Session 1: Foundation Webinar to be able to participate in Session 2: Hands on Workshop.